Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Interface Not Appearing in Sound Preferences

I had recently upgraded my OS from Mojave to Monterey and found that my programs were all freezing so I had decided to downgrade back to Mojave by erasing my computer and backing up my data from Time Machine which is designated to my external hard drive. That seemed to fix the freezing issue and all my programs are working normally.

However as a follow-up to this issue, now any audio interfaces that I connect to my Mac do not appear in sound preferences. I tried redownloading my drivers and any necessary installations in order to get my laptop to recognize the interface I'm using (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40) and still nothing.

I wonder if during the erasure/OS reinstallation process that my drive became corrupted but thats the only clue I have, any help is appreciated!

Orginal Thread: HELP: Reverting to Older OS - Apple Community

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 4:30 PM

Hi,

If your MacBook Pro has intel processor, resetting NVRAM could solve the sound related issues.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Audio Interface Not Appearing in Sound Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.