Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get a created mailboxes back

Hi,

so I created a mailbox on my email, for certain mail to go into, my email wouldn’t load so o had to go onto my mail and delete my mail account and re-put my email details..

when I went back onto the mail, I noticed the mailbox I created had disappeared with all my important email in..

I can’t find anything on apple, internet or YouTube on how you resolve this, been puzzling me, does anyone on here no how to recover ?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 4:58 PM

If you log in the the gmail account AND you set it up as IMAP all of the gmail folders should sync to your Mail app. Mine do. You might find the gmail app to be a better choice, however.

Go to Settings/Mail/Accounts, tap on the gmail account, and verify that it says “IMAP” near the top of the page. If it says “POP” delete the account and add it back as IMAP.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 4:58 PM in response to xtkala

If you log in the the gmail account AND you set it up as IMAP all of the gmail folders should sync to your Mail app. Mine do. You might find the gmail app to be a better choice, however.

Go to Settings/Mail/Accounts, tap on the gmail account, and verify that it says “IMAP” near the top of the page. If it says “POP” delete the account and add it back as IMAP.

how to get a created mailboxes back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.