Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

low volume on phone calls

iPhone 11Pro. Volume on incoming or outgoing calls is VERY low - barely audible. Turning on speaker works fine, but everyone in the room listens to my call (eyeroll). Volume on ring tones, alarms, music, etc. are all fine.

This is apparently a common issue (based on large number of Google hits) and I tried all the various online suggestions without success.

• Volume buttons down and up
  • Silence switch on and off
  • No case or screen protector blockage
  • iPhone speakers clean
  • Settings: Airplane mode on and off
  • Settings: Bluetooth on and off
  • Confirm Bluetooth works properly
  • Not redirecting to Bluetooth device
  • Disable noise cancellation
  • Restart iPhone

Called Apple support, which decided that "it is a hardware problem." How can that be when the sound hardware works fine with everything except phone volume - doesn't seem to make sense. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 6:21 PM

WilDeliver wrote:

• iPhone 11Pro. Volume on incoming or outgoing calls is VERY low - barely audible. Turning on speaker works fine, but everyone in the room listens to my call (eyeroll). Volume on ring tones, alarms, music, etc. are all fine.

This is apparently a common issue (based on large number of Google hits) and I tried all the various online suggestions without success.
Volume buttons down and up
• iPhone speakers clean
• Restart iPhone

Called Apple support, which decided that "it is a hardware problem." How can that be when the sound hardware works fine with everything except phone volume - doesn't seem to make sense. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

You can run a diagnostic–

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

Turn the Phone Noise Cancellation off

for iPhone call volume low.

Settings >General > Accessibility>Audio/Visual> option see

turn off the Phone Noise Cancellation feature and compare your results

general ref https://www.lifewire.com/fix-low-volume-on-call-on-iphone-5186012

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 6:21 PM in response to WilDeliver

WilDeliver wrote:

• iPhone 11Pro. Volume on incoming or outgoing calls is VERY low - barely audible. Turning on speaker works fine, but everyone in the room listens to my call (eyeroll). Volume on ring tones, alarms, music, etc. are all fine.

Volume buttons down and up
• iPhone speakers clean
• Restart iPhone

You can run a diagnostic–

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

Turn the Phone Noise Cancellation off

for iPhone call volume low.

Settings >General > Accessibility>Audio/Visual> option see

turn off the Phone Noise Cancellation feature and compare your results

general ref https://www.lifewire.com/fix-low-volume-on-call-on-iphone-5186012

low volume on phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.