You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware password not working!!??

I set a firmware password and I KNOW the password. It was working perfectly fine. I then installed Windows via BootCamp. Then all of a sudden my FW password doesn't work anymore. I've had Windows on this mac before and it never gave me this issue.

I cannot get to the macOS Recovery unless I enter the FW password incorrectly too many times. Once I'm at Recovery, I try to turn off the password but it asks me for my current one. I am 100% certain I am entering the right one, so I can only assume something is faulty now...

Anyone had this issue before?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 7:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 7:55 AM

B0URN3_5C0TTY wrote:

I set a firmware password and I KNOW the password. It was working perfectly fine. I then installed Windows via BootCamp. Then all of a sudden my FW password doesn't work anymore. I've had Windows on this mac before and it never gave me this issue.

I cannot get to the macOS Recovery unless I enter the FW password incorrectly too many times. Once I'm at Recovery, I try to turn off the password but it asks me for my current one. I am 100% certain I am entering the right one, so I can only assume something is faulty now...

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2022 7:55 AM in response to B0URN3_5C0TTY

B0URN3_5C0TTY wrote:

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Firmware password not working!!??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.