Firmware password forgotten

I forgot my firmware password and now im stuck like a folder with question mark, and tried to install mac os with bootable usb but it needs a firmware password and i cant nvram reset even on recovery it asks for a firmware password which i forgot a long time ago now i need help

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 4:14 AM

If you forgot your firmware password for your Mac you'll need to schedule an appointment at an Apple Store to get assistance with it: Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

"If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 4:14 AM in response to Jaelenn

If you forgot your firmware password for your Mac you'll need to schedule an appointment at an Apple Store to get assistance with it: Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

"If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase."

Firmware password forgotten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.