Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac freezing up and logging me out

Hi,

I recently bought a Macbook Pro and everything has been fine until the last few weeks.

The computer has started 'crashing'. I'm not really sure what else to call it. I noticed the problem a few times over the last couple of weeks, always somewhat erractically. I would go off and do something, and come back to find that I was back on the user sign-in screen.

However, in the last couple of days, this has happened while I'm actually using the computer. It's happened twice, and both times I was browsing on the Internet. Everything froze, and after a long pause - I didn't time it, but I would guess 20 seconds or so - I was kicked out and back to the user sign-in screen.

I'm on a Macbook Pro, 13-inch, 2020 edition. I'm running Monterey, 12.1.

I've checked, and I don't seem to need an update (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote needed updating, but those were the only ones I could find).

A quick scan with Avira says no viruses.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't really have the money to replace my laptop, and I have, until now, been absolutely thrilled with it.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 7:54 AM

meaningless_username wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a Macbook Pro and everything has been fine until the last few weeks.

The computer has started 'crashing'. I'm not really sure what else to call it.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5 — I would start there

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 7:54 AM in response to meaningless_username

meaningless_username wrote:

Hi,

The computer has started 'crashing'. I'm not really sure what else to call it.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5 — I would start there

Mac freezing up and logging me out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.