Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound cuts out on Mac Studio

My Mac Studio Computer has been connected to the Studio Display for over two months now and has worked perfectly. Starting today any sound has worked for only a few seconds before cutting out. This happens regardless if I am using my the Computers speaker or the Studio Display Speakers. I have restarted the computer several times. Checked sound output in System Preferences. It is not on mute. Have no clue

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 7:16 AM

I have the exact same issue.

My hardware is a Mac Studio Display on the latest firmware and a M1 MacBook Air on 12.5.

It started a few weeks back for me. I've read that many folks fixed this issue by keeping the MacBook or Mac connected to the display and forcing a display reset by cutting out the A/C power. No luck over here.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 7:16 AM in response to AMWausau

I have the exact same issue.

My hardware is a Mac Studio Display on the latest firmware and a M1 MacBook Air on 12.5.

It started a few weeks back for me. I've read that many folks fixed this issue by keeping the MacBook or Mac connected to the display and forcing a display reset by cutting out the A/C power. No luck over here.

Sound cuts out on Mac Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.