Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit notification bug

Every morning when I pick up my phone this notification appears.

I do not use HomeKit nor do I want to!

How do I make this go away??

HomeKit Setup

iCloud for HomeKit must be enabled

when signed in to an iCloud account.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 10:47 PM

22 replies

Jul 30, 2022 10:53 PM in response to BrynmorJ

BrynmorJ Said:

"HomeKit notification bug: Every morning when I pick up my phone this notification appears. I do not use HomeKit nor do I want to! How do I make this go away??HomeKit Setup iCloud for HomeKit must be enabled when signed in to an iCloud account."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting HomeHit:

Try the Following..

1. Open: Settings
  2. Tap: Privacy
  3. Tap: HomeKit.
  4. Tap: [the app that is trying to use HomeKit's services].

Oct 6, 2022 3:34 AM in response to BrynmorJ

BrynmorJ Said:

"HomeKit notification bug: Every morning when I pick up my phone this notification appears. I do not use HomeKit nor do I want to! How do I make this go away??HomeKit Setup iCloud for HomeKit must be enabled when signed in to an iCloud account."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this all began, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Aug 27, 2022 5:51 AM in response to BrynmorJ

BrynmorJ Said:

———-

So, nothing appears in Privacy?

Going to Privacy, I see HomeKit.* Clicking HomeKit,**I see a message. So, something is requesting access to home data.

*Screenshot 1:

HomeKit seen in Privacy:

*Screenshot 2:

Message shown in HomeKit:

Aug 16, 2022 7:02 AM in response to BrynmorJ

I have the exact popup box come up on my iPad, not my iPhone. I do not have and do not want HomeKit. I have confirmed in settings that "Home" is not checked and I have deleted the HomeKit app. My Photos are backing up so I don't think it means to use iCloud I have to be signed in to HomeKit. So confusing.

And I also posted something similar and have received no responses. It is concerning that it is eerily silent here on the topic.

Aug 27, 2022 6:55 AM in response to tincanjoey

Ok...was chatting online w/Apple Support about this. As soon as I described the problem the represenative informs me this HAS to be handled by phone support. Scheduled me for a call later on. I'll see what this produces. Find it strange that Apple actually wants me to speak with a LIVE person on this issue, whereas, usually they try to do what they can to resolve things without speaking to a live person.

Aug 27, 2022 7:56 AM in response to tincanjoey

Talked with represenative. Solution MAY have been more simple than I thought. She says this is a notification. So we went to the SETTINGS>NOTIFICATIONS of all my devices. While Home app notifications were turned off in my iPhone (where I get this message the most) and in my iPad.....it was not turned off on my MacbookPro. Also, for the Home App there is a sub notification setting in notifications for just CRITICAL notifications for this app that was still turned on for all my devices. So I turned those off too.

Now it is a wait and see if the messages keep coming or have gone away. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things that gets turned backed on everytime the iPhone, or iPad, or MacBook have a software update. I'll try to remember to post back in a couple of days if this resolves the issue (for my particular case).

HomeKit notification bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.