Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Notification setup question

I spent some time looking online and have not quite found what I'm trying to do. I'm hoping someone more tech savvy than I am can help please.

I ONLY want the apple watch to buzz my wrist and show there is a red dot. I don't want any preview, or icon of the app doing it, or who is sending me a whatever - message, snap, etc. I want to manually go into notifications and see it on my terms; not have it displayed when it shows up.

I thought I've played with the settings enough to figure things out, but clearly I have not.

Please help! Thanks in advance

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 7:48 AM

kcla240,

Thank you for clarifying. That's expected behavior if you have notifications enabled for Messages on your Apple Watch. It is not possible to only have the haptic without the messages notification with the name of the contact.

You can submit feedback regarding this here: Product Feedback.

Take Care.

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 1, 2022 10:52 AM in response to kcla240

Hey kcla240,

If you go to the Watch app on your iOS device, you can set Notifications to show the red dot by enabling Notifications indicator, and disable Show Summary When Locked.

To see other options that may interest you, check out this article: Change notification settings on Apple Watch. It discusses the information provide above along with other options that are available.

Take care.

Apple Watch Notification setup question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.