Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did Watch Update 8.5.1 Change Notification Settings?

I recently updated to watch OS 8.5.1 on my Apple Watch Series 5. Ever since I have been receiving an app preview whenever I receive a notification. It used to be that I just received a haptic vibration to let me know that I received a notification. Now I receive the haptic vibration and the app that I receive the notification comes on screen. I don't want others around me to know that I received a text message or an email notification because my watch displays it. I still want to be able to leave the always on feature on so I can just look down and see the time at any point. Is this a new feature of the latest update or how can I make it so I just receive a haptic vibration and a red dot on my watch to let me know I received a notification instead of everyone around me being able to see who sends me a message? Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 8:34 PM

Found the solution. Show Notifications on Wrist Down was turned on. I turned that off, and the notifications went back to vibrate only and were discrete.

1 reply

Did Watch Update 8.5.1 Change Notification Settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.