Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone usage in a different country

I am from the UK. Can I still use the same phone with just a different SIM card in America ?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 10:20 AM

Depending on where and from whom you purchased the iPhone.

If you bought online from or in an Apple Store, check here: iPhone - Buying iPhone - Apple

Will my new iPhone be unlocked?

Every iPhone you buy from us online or in an Apple Store is unlocked, with the exception of a few carrier financing options. With an unlocked iPhone, you’re free to go with the carrier of your choice.

Contact your carrier and ask if your iPhone carrier Unlocked is.

When you are in the USA, see this Apple article: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

• Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

Normally (in the EU) after 2 years the consumer has the right to ask that the carrier unlock the iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 10:20 AM in response to MelodySeifzadeh

Depending on where and from whom you purchased the iPhone.

If you bought online from or in an Apple Store, check here: iPhone - Buying iPhone - Apple

Will my new iPhone be unlocked?

Every iPhone you buy from us online or in an Apple Store is unlocked, with the exception of a few carrier financing options. With an unlocked iPhone, you’re free to go with the carrier of your choice.

Contact your carrier and ask if your iPhone carrier Unlocked is.

When you are in the USA, see this Apple article: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

• Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

Normally (in the EU) after 2 years the consumer has the right to ask that the carrier unlock the iPhone.

iPhone usage in a different country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.