Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Foster daughters under age 13 leaving our home... How to handle family sharing / apple-ids

We have two foster daughters both under age 13 who are likely moving to a new home. While here we bought each of them an iPod that we anticipate they'll be taking with them. The kids have been on our Apple / iCloud / Family share for nearly a year now, and I'm looking for advice on how to handle this situation if the next home is unable or unwilling to transfer the children's Apple-Id. As I understand it, that would only leave me with the option of deleting their Apple-Ids, but I would really hate for the kids to lose all their apps / games / everything else. We can't be the first people to run into this. Any advice?

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 9:11 AM

Children can only be transferred to new family groups. The only other option is to delete the Apple ID.

Similar questions

1 reply

Foster daughters under age 13 leaving our home... How to handle family sharing / apple-ids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.