Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voice control problem on mac

I turn on voice control, but it immediately shuts back off

Mac Pro, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 12:51 PM

Hi Feste Ainoriba, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues using the Voice Control feature of your Mac because it will quickly stop.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Do you have a working microphone connected to your Mac?

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account. 

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you are experiencing the issue when signed in on a different user account, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 12:51 PM in response to Feste Ainoriba

Hi Feste Ainoriba, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues using the Voice Control feature of your Mac because it will quickly stop.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Do you have a working microphone connected to your Mac?

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account. 

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you are experiencing the issue when signed in on a different user account, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. 

Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Take care!

Aug 2, 2022 6:51 PM in response to kamote0628

I got the problem resolved with the help of Apple Support by Phone. Yes, I tried all those things, yes, when signed in on a different account, there was no problem. The successful solution recommended by tech support required that I set up a temp admin account, delete my problematic admin account (but select the home to keep the account's home page), then rebuild my admin account using the saved home page (or whatever it is called - I know it had the word home in it). Tech support told me that some of the preference files were corrupted, and that this was the only way to reset them.

That resolved the nagging problem.

voice control problem on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.