Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove sound check from all imported songs in Apple Music

Hello

I noticed recently that the option Sound Check was turned on in my Apple Music settings... which is something I don't want at all.

The issue I have is that I have imported a lot of songs in my Music app.

Is there a way I could remove the Sound Check from all already-imported songs ?

Thanks a lot

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 5:57 PM

Loicc,

If you don't want it, you can turn it off in Music Preferences > Playback.

Sound Check affects playback but does not modify the file itself. It does not matter if it was on or off at the time the file was added to the library.

FYI, at the time a file is added to the library, iTunes/Music analyzes the volume level and stores it as a dB value against the file. (You can see it on the Files tab of Get Info.) This value is used to adjust the volume whenever Sound Check is on; otherwise it is ignored. Unlike iVolume or certain other 3rd party tools, it does not modify the level of the file itself.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 5:57 PM in response to Loiccc

Loicc,

If you don't want it, you can turn it off in Music Preferences > Playback.

Sound Check affects playback but does not modify the file itself. It does not matter if it was on or off at the time the file was added to the library.

FYI, at the time a file is added to the library, iTunes/Music analyzes the volume level and stores it as a dB value against the file. (You can see it on the Files tab of Get Info.) This value is used to adjust the volume whenever Sound Check is on; otherwise it is ignored. Unlike iVolume or certain other 3rd party tools, it does not modify the level of the file itself.

Remove sound check from all imported songs in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.