Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13-inch Early 2015 battery service is recommended

I have an old MacBook Pro from early 2015. It has a problem with the battery; it says battery service is recommended, and the 13inch 2015 Macbook is not yet vintage. I use Mac Big Sur macOS 11.6.8.

MacBook Pro Age 77 months 6.4 years

Battery Age 78 months 6.5 years

The first MacBook Pro 13 came back in March 2016. I got my main second Mac mini (M1, 2020) last Dec 2021.

The Apple diagnostic said ADP000. Mac found no issues.

Is it worth replacing MacBook Pro's early 2015 battery service recommended?

Is it worth upgrading MacBook Pro in early 2015 MacOS Monterey?

MacBook Pro 13″, 11.6

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 3:49 PM

marlone36 wrote:

I have an old MacBook Pro from early 2015. It has a problem with the battery; it says battery service is recommended, and the 13inch 2015 Macbook is not yet vintage. I use Mac Big Sur macOS 11.6.8.

The first MacBook Pro 13 came back in March 2016. I got my main second Mac mini (M1, 2020) last Dec 2021.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 3:49 PM in response to marlone36

marlone36 wrote:

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Learn how to optimize the life of the battery in your Mac notebook, fix battery issues, and get service.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Aug 1, 2022 4:34 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the reply.

I will try my Mac notebook battery Apple Support for Mac Repair Service in the UK.

£199 for 13-inch MacBook Pro.

My battery life is ok, sometimes, it drains out, and it needs to charge.

I want to upgrade to macOS Monterey, my mac mini (M1, 2020). I like the new features in Monterey. I agree that even apps will stop supporting macOS Big Sur.

According, I tried the coconutbattery said MacBook Pro Age 77 months, 6.4 years

Battery Age 78 months 6.5 years.

Please see the screenshot in the post 👆🏻.

I may upgrade M.2 SSD to this MacBook, more storage for the prices and get an adapter for M.2 SSD.

Is it worth updating MacOS from Big Sur to Monterey?

MacBook Pro 13-inch Early 2015 battery service is recommended

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.