Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio-Video thing appearing on my Home screen

I am way overdue from asking this question. If I do not finish watching or listening to a video than this thing appears on my Home screen when I reopen my iPad. This appears no matter what browser or app I am using.

Is there any way to STOP this Audio-Video thing from appearing on my Home screen? For me it's a real PITA!!!!!

iPad 2017 (5th generation)

iOS version: 14.8.1

Thanks for any and all help!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 4:11 PM

Kanichiro wrote:

I am way overdue from asking this question. If I do not finish watching or listening to a video than this thing appears on my Home screen when I reopen my iPad. This appears no matter what browser or app I am using.

Is there any way to STOP this Audio-Video thing from appearing on my Home screen? For me it's a real PITA!!!!!
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c65d9667-f706-48cd-98a9-e861a2909230

Looks like it is coming from the Aloha browser app that you (may) have installed, probably stemming from some webpage with multimedia that you may have been playing in the browser. Try force-quitting (swipe up) the app if it's open and see if the lock screen player goes away.

If it's still there, it could probably be something from Aloha that is still running in the background; power cycle the iPad. (shut down fully, then restart)

If it is still there even after the reboot, delete the app from the iPad and check if the Aloha lock screen player still appears. If it's gone, head to the App Store to redownload Aloha.

Steve

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 4:11 PM in response to Kanichiro

Kanichiro wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c65d9667-f706-48cd-98a9-e861a2909230

Looks like it is coming from the Aloha browser app that you (may) have installed, probably stemming from some webpage with multimedia that you may have been playing in the browser. Try force-quitting (swipe up) the app if it's open and see if the lock screen player goes away.

If it's still there, it could probably be something from Aloha that is still running in the background; power cycle the iPad. (shut down fully, then restart)

If it is still there even after the reboot, delete the app from the iPad and check if the Aloha lock screen player still appears. If it's gone, head to the App Store to redownload Aloha.

Steve

Aug 1, 2022 5:57 AM in response to Kanichiro

If you have concerns for security and privacy, this alone is solid argument to update your iPad to the current version. The update includes many functional and privacy enhancements - plus essential security updates.

The update may also affect the issue of which you complain - a further reason to install the current version of iPadOS.

Should you need to seek assistance directly from Apple Support, you will be directed to install a supported version of iPadOS before you will receive any assistance. Notwithstanding Apple’s own position, contributors here will be better placed to offer help and guidance.

It is always ultimately your choice to run a much older version of OS, without any benefit of the many security updates and patches should you choose to do so. In so doing you will also experience many software bugs and issues that have since been fixed.

Aug 2, 2022 4:22 AM in response to Steve A.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post. I suspect you have the answer. I originally thought that this was happening with other browsers, but now that I think of it, Aloha in the browser I tend to watch video's with. Brave browser gives me some quirks, and I do not use FireFox much on my iPad. I never use Safari as I really do not like it and never have.

Kanichiro

Aug 2, 2022 5:10 AM in response to Kanichiro

Kanichiro wrote:

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your post. I suspect you have the answer. I originally thought that this was happening with other browsers, but now that I think of it, Aloha in the browser I tend to watch video's with. Brave browser gives me some quirks, and I do not use FireFox much on my iPad. I never use Safari as I really do not like it and never have.

Kanichiro

No problem, glad to have helped.

Many of the browser apps for iOS have been built to utilize the lockscreen player framework, for audio only streaming of whatever video had been playing with the app active. (I use this a lot with Brave, to fall asleep to just the audio of some videos that had been playing without draining the battery too much)

The other thing to try - if you need to keep your place in the video but want to avoid the lockscreen player from appearing - is to keep a new blank browser tab open in Aloha (i.e. home screen tab) as the active tab before putting the iPad to sleep. No multimedia in this tab, so it shouldn't trigger the lockscreen player to become active. This may work also, but not certain. (I just thought of it...)

Steve

Aug 2, 2022 6:20 AM in response to Kanichiro

Kanichiro wrote:

LotusPilot,
As you totally ignored what I stated in my previous post, I'll ignore yours. Please move on to another thread.

kanichiro

Charmed I’m sure. Please be aware that volunteer contributors here are not active 24hrs a day, every day.

Being rude to those that may be trying to offer help is hardly constructive - or within the spirit of this end-user support community.

Audio-Video thing appearing on my Home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.