Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Video still plays after application closed

I opened am embedded video in an email from Yahoo. It played. Closed it. Went to the next email. The audio started to play. I closed Yahoo. Audio still played. I made sure ALL my windows were closed. Opened Yahoo. Audio played again. Closed Yahoo. Checked to see if any applications were opened (none). Audio still played. Closed the Yahoo window. Shutdown the iPad. Turned it back on. Appears to have solved the audio. This happened last week when I opened a news article with an embedded short which I did NOT open. It’s audio intermittently played in the background off and on. I’ve used an iPad for 10+ years. Use Safari. Shut down my apps, etc. What’s new? I don’t want to shutdown the iPad to shut the 🤬 audio off after the application has been shut.

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:46 AM

If your iPad is not behaving as expected, try a forced-restart - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 9:46 AM in response to JQAnd

If your iPad is not behaving as expected, try a forced-restart - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

Video still plays after application closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.