Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi, I just got my macbook air and I cannot seem to be able to search my folders in Finder. I am only able to get results on "This Mac"... any help would be appreciated.

hi, I just got my macbook air and I cannot seem to be able to search my folders in Finder. I am only able to get results on "This Mac"... any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:34 AM

"This Mac" includes all files and folders on your Mac, unless you've excluded any from indexing by adding them to the list in System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy tab.

If running the search from a Finder window, you also have the option to limit the search to just the open folder, or to external shares if you have any connected.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 6:34 AM in response to bonilt

"This Mac" includes all files and folders on your Mac, unless you've excluded any from indexing by adding them to the list in System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy tab.

If running the search from a Finder window, you also have the option to limit the search to just the open folder, or to external shares if you have any connected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.