lost finder folder

I moved to Ventura on my iMac. I had my HD icon with my applications and a separate folder on the desktop with my files. Now the HD is there with the apps but my files folder is gone. I tried the command/shift/. and that doesn't work. The files icon is on my MacBook Pro. Any ideas if I can get it back on my iMac?

Posted on Aug 19, 2023 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 3:15 AM

If you're using iCloud, put the folder into the iCloud Drive folder on the MBP and it'll be available on all Macs using iCloud. This assumes you have iCloud Drive turned on, it has sufficient space and all Macs are using the same Apple ID to sync up.

Ot you could attach an external drive to the MBP and use it to transfer the folder.

Or if the folder and its contents are not to big you can email it to yourself from their MBP as an attachment.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 3:15 AM in response to Lenny Zaloga

If you're using iCloud, put the folder into the iCloud Drive folder on the MBP and it'll be available on all Macs using iCloud. This assumes you have iCloud Drive turned on, it has sufficient space and all Macs are using the same Apple ID to sync up.

Ot you could attach an external drive to the MBP and use it to transfer the folder.

Or if the folder and its contents are not to big you can email it to yourself from their MBP as an attachment.

lost finder folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.