Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple watch wrist band fails while swimming in a lake, Apple has no help to offer me.

Like the subject says, I went swimming in a lake with my Apple watch. I had started an Apple fitness activity (open water swim) to log my swim. Right before walking into the water, I double checked my wrist band to make sure it was properly fastened. Not too long after I begin to swim, I noticed I don't have my Apple watch.

Tried to find it after putting it in lost mode with my iphone on a boat. But no luck. Probably too deep for the watch to function.

I just finished chatting with Apple customer service, and the only solution is for me to buy another watch. Regardless if the wrist band fails. I used this watch with Apple fitness +, so there goes my money and my subscription to that service.

I'm just disappointed that at the price you pay Apple for wrist bands, the requirement to have an Apple watch to use fitness+, the responsibility is entirely on me to replace my watch. Terrible customer experience.

I've had a macbook pro since 2010, I've bought multiple iphones, ipads, macbooks, Apple one subscription, airpods pro, an Apple watch. The first time I contact Apple for help, I get the "tough luck, get yourself a new watch at the store".

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 9:56 AM

GZA88 wrote:

I used this watch with Apple fitness +, so there goes my money and my subscription to that service.

You can cancel the subscription:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

My Apple watch wrist band fails while swimming in a lake, Apple has no help to offer me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.