Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch won’t let me update

There is an update for my Apple watch but it isn’t installing. I’ve tried to restart my phone and I have it on the charger etc.. etc.. but it still won’t let me update! What do I do?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 11:01 AM

Try and update from the watch itself

If your Apple Watch has watchOS 6 or later, you can install subsequent updates without your iPhone:

1. Make sure that your watch is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. On your watch, open the Settings app.
  3. Tap General > Software Update.
  4. Tap Install if a software update is available, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Leave your Apple Watch on its charger while the update completes, and don't restart your Apple Watch. When the update completes, your Apple Watch restarts on its own.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 11:01 AM in response to AnnaRSmith

Try and update from the watch itself

If your Apple Watch has watchOS 6 or later, you can install subsequent updates without your iPhone:

1. Make sure that your watch is connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. On your watch, open the Settings app.
  3. Tap General > Software Update.
  4. Tap Install if a software update is available, then follow the onscreen instructions.

Leave your Apple Watch on its charger while the update completes, and don't restart your Apple Watch. When the update completes, your Apple Watch restarts on its own.

My Apple Watch won’t let me update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.