Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing-Ask to buy6

I'm not sure where things went wrong but my 14 year old daughter is in my family share account but I have no option to enable the "ask to buy" feature. I know where it should be but it isn't there. Now that it is not in effect, can I add it?

iPhone SE (Gen 2)

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 12:20 PM

Read this link please -->

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support - Family Organizer receives requests by default, but another parent or guardian can be assigned permission.

Ask To Buy can only be turned on for members up to 17 (age varies by country - https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/).

If Ask to Buy isn't working If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Try signing out of your account and back in again.

Try restarting your device.

Contact Apple and ask if they can tell you what this means, particularly if you see it repeatedly over a day or so:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 12:20 PM in response to HomeD96

Read this link please -->

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support - Family Organizer receives requests by default, but another parent or guardian can be assigned permission.

Ask To Buy can only be turned on for members up to 17 (age varies by country - https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/).

If Ask to Buy isn't working If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Try signing out of your account and back in again.

Try restarting your device.

Contact Apple and ask if they can tell you what this means, particularly if you see it repeatedly over a day or so:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family Sharing-Ask to buy6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.