Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won’t my phone connect to the internet ?

So just starting today my phone won’t connect to the internet. i’ve tried multiple different wifi connections and it won’t get online. it’s only effecting some of my apps but my data won’t kick in to help resolve the fact that my wifi isn’t working. i’ve restarted my phone, reset my network settings and nothing is working. the wifi will work on my ipad just not my phone

iPhone 8, 15

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:27 PM

Try a Forced Restart of the iPhone to see that will help reset things.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If no luck, try connecting to the WiFi down at the coffee place. If the phone won't connect there, then it's pretty clearly a WiFi issue with the phone itself. Time to visit the Genius Bar or Apple Service shop.

If the phone will connect at the coffee shop, then the puzzle continues. Try changing the name of your WiFi network as test to see if the iPhone will connect that way.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 6:27 PM in response to serenityerb

Try a Forced Restart of the iPhone to see that will help reset things.

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If no luck, try connecting to the WiFi down at the coffee place. If the phone won't connect there, then it's pretty clearly a WiFi issue with the phone itself. Time to visit the Genius Bar or Apple Service shop.

If the phone will connect at the coffee shop, then the puzzle continues. Try changing the name of your WiFi network as test to see if the iPhone will connect that way.

Aug 2, 2022 6:25 PM in response to serenityerb

serenityerb wrote:

oh my gosh thank you so much, that was exactly the problem

Add-on VPN clients are… quite possibly not doing what many people might expect, and can be doing things many people might not want… but if you want to provide the opportunity for your privacy breached, your traffic to be logged, and your activities re-sold, and quite possibly your traffic injected and modified, and this in exchange for negligible added security, by all means, load an add-on VPN client. Too many of the available VPNs are really shady, and various of those have been caught in lies when the providers leaked data.

Note: I am here differentiating commercial first-few-hops VPN add-on clients from the VPN clients necessary to access the internal network of an affiliated organization. I’m here referring to the former, and not to the private VPN clients and access.

why won’t my phone connect to the internet ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.