Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV HD and HomePod Mini

My HomePod Mini 2 just arrived. Connected easily to devices at home… somewhat.

My Apple TV HD will play audio to the HomePod from certain apps (eg Netflix, Prime) but not all (eg games). Also, the iOS navigation is accompanied by sound through the built-in TV speakers. Finally, it appears the setting is temporary and I’m likely going to have to set the audio output to the HomePod every time I sit down to watch a movie.

Is there a way to make the HomePod Mini my default AppleTV speaker..?

[Please do not suggest an AppleTV 4k. I live in a rural part of the world where HD streaming is the best I’ll be able to receive. My TV is also HD, not 4k, and is perfectly fine for my needs -other than the audio.]

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 5:43 AM

Unfortunately for Apple TV HD owners, only the Apple TV 4K box allows for Default Audio Output: HomePod Mini. The HD model doesn’t have that feature, and it will be a temporary output there.

Adjust other audio settings - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

Set up home theater audio with HomePod mini or HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 5:43 AM in response to ScubaDAL

Unfortunately for Apple TV HD owners, only the Apple TV 4K box allows for Default Audio Output: HomePod Mini. The HD model doesn’t have that feature, and it will be a temporary output there.

Adjust other audio settings - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

Set up home theater audio with HomePod mini or HomePod and Apple TV 4K - Apple Support

AppleTV HD and HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.