Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my ipad sinced to my iphone

iPad help I just got a new iPad and I used my email address and my Apple ID, but for some reason when my husband uses is iPhone 11 his messages are going to my ipad ? How do I stop this it’s driving me crazy number 2 ? When I’m on Facebook scrolling I go slow but then it zooms up and down on all the post any help be appropriated Ty

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 8:39 AM

Are you sharing an AppleID? If so, this is the cause of your problem.

If all your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues with unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (including Messages).

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

If you are sharing an AppleID, you need to separate your digital identities - and configure one or more new AppleIDs for any other users with whom you are sharing an AppleID:

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

If your objective is to share App purchases, Apple services and subscriptions, you can do so using Apple’s Family Sharing features:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 8:39 AM in response to puppy2

Are you sharing an AppleID? If so, this is the cause of your problem.

If all your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues with unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (including Messages).

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

If you are sharing an AppleID, you need to separate your digital identities - and configure one or more new AppleIDs for any other users with whom you are sharing an AppleID:

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

If your objective is to share App purchases, Apple services and subscriptions, you can do so using Apple’s Family Sharing features:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

Aug 2, 2022 8:36 AM in response to puppy2

Is your husband sharing your Apple ID? Or are you using his? Apple IDs should not be shared. Each person should have their own Apple ID.

If you are sharing an Apple ID, then things like this will happen. Your husband would. need to turn off your new iPad in Settings->Messages->Text Message Forwarding to stop his messages going to your iPad, but that is just a band aid.

The issue, is sharing an Apple ID, it should absolutely not be done.

why is my ipad sinced to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.