Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a good laser printer for MAC OS?

I made a mistake and bought a Xerox and they have apparently abandoned trying to keep their MAC drivers updated and it's a worthless piece of paperweight.

Who actually engineers with MAC OS in mind?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 9:38 AM

Hi,

First of all, you may want to let us know the exact Xerox model.

Also, are you using the macOS 10.15 Catalina in your profile?

In principle, all AirPrint printer models listed in the About AirPrint - Apple Support article would be compatible with your Mac. If necessary, are you looking for a monochrome or colour laser printer, with or without a scanner?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 9:38 AM in response to THATGUY0912

Hi,

First of all, you may want to let us know the exact Xerox model.

Also, are you using the macOS 10.15 Catalina in your profile?

In principle, all AirPrint printer models listed in the About AirPrint - Apple Support article would be compatible with your Mac. If necessary, are you looking for a monochrome or colour laser printer, with or without a scanner?

Aug 2, 2022 9:05 AM in response to Ronasara

This one purported to print over the wifi, but it only worked intermittently, but quit entirely when updating OS. Was hoping that someone actually catered to MAC users. Need a company that will at least try to update every couple of years... They all say that they are suitable for MAC but then let them rot after the initial release. Xerox is one of these.

Aug 3, 2022 9:23 AM in response to THATGUY0912

I also like the Brother laser printers. I think some of their models share the same toner cartridge unlike HP which seems to use a different cartridge with each slight model variation.

We always used to use & recommend HP printers, but the HP quality dropped many years ago when manufacturing moved to China. Plus HP plays a lot of games with their printer firmware where you may find your printer non-functional if you use a cartridge that is not a genuine HP.

Is there a good laser printer for MAC OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.