Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have cellular service issues

I need help, I can’t access cellular network with my iPhone

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 12:55 PM

idak ~ Thanks. With all these questions, I'm trying to ascertain the quality & capacity of the battery to provide sufficient power for cellular service.

Being at 94%, the battery has almost certainly been replaced. So did you buy the iPhone 7 from a reputable source such that the battery replacement would have been done by a qualified technician using a genuine iPhone battery?...

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification - Official Apple Support

...If not, a weak, fake replacement battery may be the cause of the problem. And this may also be relevant:

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

õ¿õ¬

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 12:55 PM in response to idak39

idak ~ Thanks. With all these questions, I'm trying to ascertain the quality & capacity of the battery to provide sufficient power for cellular service.

Being at 94%, the battery has almost certainly been replaced. So did you buy the iPhone 7 from a reputable source such that the battery replacement would have been done by a qualified technician using a genuine iPhone battery?...

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification - Official Apple Support

...If not, a weak, fake replacement battery may be the cause of the problem. And this may also be relevant:

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

õ¿õ¬

Aug 2, 2022 1:51 PM in response to idak39

Hello idak39,

I don't mean to the be the bearer of bad news, but I wanted to make sure you understood something. The Searching No-Service issue had a 4 year limitation from date of purchase for the device. If you bought it used, this would not extend the 4 years from your date of purchase, it would have been when the device was purchased brand new.

Which means with a high probability that your device may not be eligible to receive a free repair.

--

Using the link provided from @Alancito, iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support states:

"The program covers affected iPhone 7 devices for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit."

--

Now there is always a chance the issue is something other than this particular Service Program and I hope for your sake it is.

Aug 2, 2022 1:44 PM in response to Alancito

Thanks so Alancito for your time. The link you sent is very helpful. I discovered from the link that the model of my phone is among those few iPhone 7 that had defect on cellular service ( no service) which should be taken to an authorized Apple store for repair for free. I have set up an appointment for repair. Thanks again for your time.

I have cellular service issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.