Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder question

Hi,

I recently bought a newer mac running Monterey. I notice a few things that are different in the finder windows and am wondering if I can adjust them.

1) In the "gallery view" items in a folder appear at the bottom as icons which are very small. In previous versions the individual items were in a list and you were able to use a slider to adjust the size of the icons/gallery view. In the newer gallery the icons go sideways and it's a lot harder to scroll through numerous items.

2) In the list view I notice it doesn't always remember how a finder window appeared previously. For example, my documents folder has a lot of items. Every time I open that folder it appears small and I need to adjust it to see all the items. I find that other finder windows/folders don't do this.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 7:01 PM

The slideshow view went away and was replaced with what you see. I don’t know why and we can’t speculate.

A Finder window is not a view of each folder, independently. It is a display that shows the contents of a folder in the view it has unless the folder has been set to always open in a certain view. I’m not sure if that stores anything more than the view type.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 7:01 PM in response to Gary Goldblum

The slideshow view went away and was replaced with what you see. I don’t know why and we can’t speculate.

A Finder window is not a view of each folder, independently. It is a display that shows the contents of a folder in the view it has unless the folder has been set to always open in a certain view. I’m not sure if that stores anything more than the view type.

Finder question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.