Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to extend Finder window to see full file info

Hello,

When I click on an image file in the Finder window in the Column layout, a thumbnail with file info pops up to the right. The file info is shown as below.

Information

Created

Modified

Last Opened

Dimensions

However, I try to scroll down and will not scroll beyond the Modified Line so Last Opened and Dimensions are not visible unless I extend the Finder window which is a bit annoying and hoping there's some setting that resolves this. Running the latest Monterey update but been happening since the earliest Mac OS I can remember. After all these years and thinking they would fix this, checking in with the Community for a solution. Thanks in advance!

Macbook Pro 16" M1

Macbook Pro 16" Intel

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 6:09 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 21, 2022 8:43 AM in response to dialabrain

Hi @dialabrain, thanks for the suggestion over not hovering over image. It does scroll to the Last Opened and Dimensions info but still doesn't scroll to the tags. Happy that I can at least glance at more info without extending the window and would be even happier if I can scroll to the tags.

Here's a video of what I'm experiencing.

https://youtu.be/m6r1nYsEeQk

Thanks!

Need to extend Finder window to see full file info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.