Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button / touch ID

Hello there, my iPhone developed fault, home button stopped working, when re booting messages coming up : “touch_id_issue_notification_title_text_iphone”. Before I can do anything I have to confirm this message. I was googling this problem but very little info can be found on web. Can anybody here help

iPhone 7, 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 11:35 AM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2022 11:49 AM in response to Zomiynt

I understand that your iPhone Touch ID is not working and that article gives you some steps you can try it to see if that solve your issue:

Follow these steps. Try using Touch ID after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Make sure that your fingers and the Touch ID sensor are clean and dry.* For the Touch ID sensor, use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or debris.
  3. Your finger should cover the Touch ID sensor completely, touching the surrounding metal ring. While Touch ID is scanning, you shouldn't tap too quickly or move your finger around.
  4. If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Touch ID sensor or the surrounding ring.
  5. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on, and that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
  6. Try enrolling a different finger.

If the previous steps didn't help, you see "Failed—unable to complete Touch ID setup", or either of the following happen when you go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

• You can't turn on Touch ID
  • Touch ID is dimmed or grayed out

Aug 2, 2022 11:48 AM in response to Zomiynt

If the Home button isn't working, if you live near an Apple Store, make a Genius Bar appointment to have the device/computer tested. Supposedly there is no charge for testing. Use 3rd link if not near an Apple Store or aren’t in the US. Take the original purchase receipt with you.

Genius Bar Reservation  -  US.    

Find a store.  -

Authorized Service Provider.  -

ASC YouTube for how to to schedule a repair at an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider – Apple Support

Home button / touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.