Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown IP address associated with my iPhone

I’m trying to find out if my phones been hacked and I have two IP addresses associated with this phone and how do I find out who the other IP address belongs to and what it is?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 2:50 PM

It is normal to have two IP addresses.......one IPv6 and the other IPv4. You might also have enabled the option to use a Private IP address on your phone. That will result in different IP addresses on your phone as well.

If you have enabled a VPN on your network and iPhone, that can also result in multiple IP addresses

But it never hurts to power off and restart your WiFi router about once a month so that it will provide new fresh IP addresses to all network devices.

Your phone cannot be hacked unless you have provided your Apple ID and Password to another person who has physical possession of your phone. Here I am assuming that you have not jailbroken the phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 2:50 PM in response to Zipper565

It is normal to have two IP addresses.......one IPv6 and the other IPv4. You might also have enabled the option to use a Private IP address on your phone. That will result in different IP addresses on your phone as well.

If you have enabled a VPN on your network and iPhone, that can also result in multiple IP addresses

But it never hurts to power off and restart your WiFi router about once a month so that it will provide new fresh IP addresses to all network devices.

Your phone cannot be hacked unless you have provided your Apple ID and Password to another person who has physical possession of your phone. Here I am assuming that you have not jailbroken the phone.

Aug 2, 2022 3:11 PM in response to Zipper565

It’s routine for an IP-connected computer—this includes iPhone and iPad—to be listening on more than one IP address, with the IPv4 broadcast address, an IPv4 address, the localhost addresses (usually 127.0.0.1, but technically 127/8), and usually one and variously more IPv6 addresses including the IPv6 localhost ::1/128 active.

If you are at all worried about your security, update your iPhone to current iOS!

Worrying about getting hacked while the current iOS is far behind current is… inauspicious. While it is possible to get hacked on even current versions (though comparatively unlikely), older versions can have more widely-known exploits. For best security, stay current.

Unknown IP address associated with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.