Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Devanagari-QWERTY keyboard layout for IPAD Pro

I use the Devanagari-QWERTY keyboard as an "input source" in Macbook pro for creating sanskrit content in the original script which is devanagari.

I recently bought a magic keyboard along with IPAD Pro and discovered that only one keyboard option for Sanskrit and that is INSCRIPT layout.

I think Apple should provide Devanagari-QWERTY keyboard layout for IPAD also. Otherwise it makes difficult for customer with both macbookpro and ipad to switch between devices while creating sanskrit documents.

Till such time Apple comes up with a solution that harmonises keyboard layouts across devices, I would be happy to learn from the forum any possible work around to install a QWERTY keyboard for Sanskrit on the IPAD? Thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 3:39 AM

MVRSastry wrote:

I recently bought a magic keyboard along with IPAD Pro and discovered that only one keyboard option for Sanskrit and that is INSCRIPT layout. I think Apple should provide Devanagari-QWERTY keyboard layout for IPAD also.

I just checked my own iPad mini, and it DOES have Devanagari Qwerty for Sanskrit available in the settings for Hardware Keyboard (tap over at the right edge to get the choices).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 3:39 AM in response to MVRSastry

MVRSastry wrote:

I recently bought a magic keyboard along with IPAD Pro and discovered that only one keyboard option for Sanskrit and that is INSCRIPT layout. I think Apple should provide Devanagari-QWERTY keyboard layout for IPAD also.

I just checked my own iPad mini, and it DOES have Devanagari Qwerty for Sanskrit available in the settings for Hardware Keyboard (tap over at the right edge to get the choices).

Devanagari-QWERTY keyboard layout for IPAD Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.