Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my audio file from my email in my iPhone 12 into my music on my iPhone 12?

I can’t figure out how to get my audio file from my email in my iPhone 12 into my music on my iPhone 12. (It’s my own recording, not commercial) I will not believe that this is not possible: I’m from the “It just works” generation.

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 10:41 AM

You'd need to do it through your computer. Add the file to the "Music" app (Mac) or iTunes (Windows) and then transfer it to your phone.

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Also, have you tried saving the audio file to the "Files" app on your phone?

10 replies

Aug 3, 2022 11:03 AM in response to Walter Wedler

Walter Wedler wrote:

Yes, that did not work either, there is no 'save', or 'save to' button!
Boy this is so disappointing. I can not even save what is already on my device,
or transfer to any of the build in apps!!

As I noted in my first response, I believe you need to do this using your computer. That's the way it has always been and I don't know that it has changed.

How do I get my audio file from my email in my iPhone 12 into my music on my iPhone 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.