Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop receiving text messages on my mom’s phone?

I just don’t like that mom is receiving text messages when I text my friends and she always read my messages with them it supposed to be private conversation. I want to know how to stop it her receiving my friends messages

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 6:18 AM

I agree with WheelieNick. It sounds as if you're sharing an Apple ID with your mom (Bluetooth has nothing to do with this). Apple IDs are intended to be used by one person and one person only. If you share an Apple ID with someone else, you'll have access to each other's messages, call logs and many other things. If you need to share content, you can still do that using Family Sharing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 6:18 AM in response to Ingrid2860

I agree with WheelieNick. It sounds as if you're sharing an Apple ID with your mom (Bluetooth has nothing to do with this). Apple IDs are intended to be used by one person and one person only. If you share an Apple ID with someone else, you'll have access to each other's messages, call logs and many other things. If you need to share content, you can still do that using Family Sharing.

How to stop receiving text messages on my mom’s phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.