Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple iPad Air 6th generation will charge but I lose the charge quickly when using the iPad.

My iPad wont stay charged for long. It charges to 100% but doesn’t hold the charge for more than an hour.

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 3:37 PM

As described, your iPad battery has perhaps reached the end of its useable lifespan - or has a fault - and requires replacement.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. You’ll be able to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 3:37 PM in response to norah266

As described, your iPad battery has perhaps reached the end of its useable lifespan - or has a fault - and requires replacement.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. You’ll be able to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My Apple iPad Air 6th generation will charge but I lose the charge quickly when using the iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.