You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help, my iPad flashes a purple screen, restart, and then the battery won't charge

Hello, I'm new with iPad.. Just bought an iPad Pro 2021 11" like in January 2022

The Chronology:

Two days ago, i was using Goodnotes on my iPad and then the iPad flashes a purple screen and restarted. When it was on again the battery was suddenly displayed at 0% and wont charge. I put it in my bag and then went doing some works. When i got back to my iPad it magically showed 71% (i didn't charge it). And it worked normal..

well.. until like half an hour ago when the same thing happened

it flashes a purple screen, restarted itself, and now it still in 0% battery and wont charge..

Can anyone help? Thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 11:45 AM

Hello Rulfion,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you need some help with your device unexpectedly restarting. We certainly understand why you'd reach out and we are happy to help!

This article has steps on what to try if this happens:

If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2022 11:45 AM in response to Rulfion

Hello Rulfion,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you need some help with your device unexpectedly restarting. We certainly understand why you'd reach out and we are happy to help!

This article has steps on what to try if this happens:

If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly - Apple Support

Cheers!

Aug 7, 2022 7:25 AM in response to merlinapple

Thank you, I've updated and even tried the factory reset for the iPad.. it worked normal for like two days, and the same thing happened again.. It kept restarting and every single time the battery showed 0% and won't charge.. But if i leave it for quite some time, it'll show the real battery percentage and everything's back to normal..

A hardware problem maybe?

Help, my iPad flashes a purple screen, restart, and then the battery won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.