Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older Macbook Air - Fan running when powering up but screen and keyboard light not working

Hello - I have an older Macbook Air, not sure what type of chip. I went through the forum and followed instructions to reset the SMC (both the Intel and the T2 chip) and reset the PRAM without success. I can turn the Macbook on and off with the power button, but the screen remains blank and the keyboard light does not work - the fan does turn on and runs on high (runs loudly). Wanted to check with the community to see if there are any other options I can try?

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 11:19 AM

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen – Apple Support (UK)

This is Apple's guidance. Note the "Contact Apple Support" at the bottom.

Similar questions

1 reply

Older Macbook Air - Fan running when powering up but screen and keyboard light not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.