Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving from Apple Music subscription to Apple One Subscription

I had a 6 month free trial on Apple Music with my EarPods which ran out this month. Rather than subscribe to just Apple Music, I started an Apple One subscription which included a free month. I was then charged for a month of Apple Music. I requested a refund and have been given one, but I now can't access Apple Music on either my Mac or iPhone (but Arcade, iCloud+ and TV+ all work).

Any way I can restore my Apple Music access within my One subscription or do I need to raise a support ticket? I'm logged in on the Music app.

Thanx.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:52 AM

Hmm.. you may have potentially broken things by requesting a refund when you shouldn't have. The Apple One trial doesn't apply to existing subscriptions so you were probably due to pay for Apple Music this month. Apple One might then have offset any overlapping payments when taking the first proper payment for the new service. You can try turning Sync Library off and on again and see if anything changes. Otherwise get in touch with Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 7:52 AM in response to FenTigger

Hmm.. you may have potentially broken things by requesting a refund when you shouldn't have. The Apple One trial doesn't apply to existing subscriptions so you were probably due to pay for Apple Music this month. Apple One might then have offset any overlapping payments when taking the first proper payment for the new service. You can try turning Sync Library off and on again and see if anything changes. Otherwise get in touch with Apple Support.

tt2

Aug 4, 2022 8:20 AM in response to FenTigger

From Apple One - Apple:

One month free. Any services you haven’t already tried are free for the first month.*

* The Apple One free trial includes only services that you are not currently using through a free trial or a subscription. Plan automatically renews after trial until cancelled. Restrictions and other terms apply.

Without knowing the exact dates it is hard to tell, but if Apple Music was due to attract a first payment following a free trial today, and I had signed up to Apple One yesterday, then I'd still expect to be paying for Apple Music today, and then pay for Apple One next month.

tt2

Aug 4, 2022 8:57 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks again. Having spoken to Apple support, a word to anyone else switching from Apple Music to Apple One. Cancel your Apple Music subscription before you start Apple One. I thought it would cut over seamlessly, but it doesn't work like that. I will be without access to the music app until the 1 month anniversary of starting the subscription (3 weeks). That sucks, but it won't kill me. I have more than enough music in my library to keep me going, plus Spotify which I will ditch.

iCloud+ does keep continuity and I'd read an article that explained this, so I naively assumed the same of Apple Music. Never assume.

Moving from Apple Music subscription to Apple One Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.