Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with the "screenshot" App

My iMac has an older version operating system (Yosemite) and the utility app installed is "Grab." I really like grab as it is simple and straight forward.

The other day I need to grab a screen shot on my Macbook Air, operating system (Monteray) and the app that is now installed is "screenshot."

Here is my issue:

To open "Screen shot" the Finder window opens up in the center of the screen covering much of the window I would like to take a screen shot of. After "Screenshot opens, the entire screen dims and a crop box show up to the left side of the screen. Because of the dimming of the screen I am unable to close or move the finder window so that I can obtain a clean screen shot of the either selected window or the desired selection in that window. If I select the area with the crop tool, then the saved image has the finder window also in the screen shot, as it should. How do I close the finder window?

Fortunately, I have my desktop mac to fall back on.

What am I missing?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:23 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Issues with the "screenshot" App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.