Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it Possible to have MacBook Air (M1, 2020) RAM Upgraded from 8 to 16 GB After Purchase?

I bought a 2020 MacBook Air with the M1 chip last year when I was in undergrad, and now that I'm going into grad school, it's recommended that I have a computer with at least 16 GB RAM. I know that Apple offers 16 GB RAM when purchasing the M1 MacBook Air, however at the time I was in a rush and ended up selecting 8 GB RAM. Is it possible to bring my computer to an Apple store or some other Apple-affiliated vendor so that they can upgrade my RAM to 16 GB? I'm hoping not to have to purchase a new MacBook or trade in the one I'm currently using.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Nope, its soldered on the logic board so you cannot do an upgrade after purchase

7 replies

Is it Possible to have MacBook Air (M1, 2020) RAM Upgraded from 8 to 16 GB After Purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.