You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Restore iPod Classic 7th Generation

My MBP is updated. I plugged in my iPod Classic (7th Gen) and opened Finder. I see my iPod and click it, then click restore. It says "Restoring iPod Classic" at the bottom of the screen along with a loading bar that I suppose it to measure progress, however, no progress occurs. Near the top of the screen is says "Your Mac is restoring the software on this iPod." I left the computer on all night and nothing has changed. No progress.

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 8:01 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 4, 2022 4:21 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your help! I tried the Reformat option and erased my iPod with Disk Utility. I was attempting to restore it when this issue came up. I am now trying the DFU Restore. And I am having the same issue. The image is what I see. It has been like this for hours. Is it possible that this will take several hours? What am I missing?

Can't Restore iPod Classic 7th Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.