You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete/uninstall mail app

My mail app currently takes up 8 GB of space. I have signed out of all mail accounts and have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times. I have restarted my iPhone, but every time I hit the offload and uninstall button. It still remains. Short of factory resetting my entire iPhone which I really don't want to do, this is extremely frustrating as I know that my iPhone has all this space available. I've been running around in circles trying to find a workaround but to no solutions. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 9:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 3:08 PM

ej126 wrote:

My mail app currently takes up 8 GB of space. I have signed out of all mail accounts and have uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times. I have restarted my iPhone, but every time I hit the offload and uninstall button. It still remains. Short of factory resetting my entire iPhone which I really don't want to do, this is extremely frustrating as I know that my iPhone has all this space available. I've been running around in circles trying to find a workaround but to no solutions. Any help would be appreciated.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2022 3:08 PM in response to ej126

ej126 wrote:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Cannot delete/uninstall mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.