Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access or create a Cox mail account, IOS 15.6

When attempting to access my Cox email account or when trying to create a new account the error message “No password provided for Cox”.

Password was provided in repeated attempts to create a new account and the same error message occurs. IOS 15.6 is being used on my iPhone. During the process for creating a new account space is provided for the password; however, during the verification period there is no space for the password, it’s deleted. Is there a fix for this problem?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 9:12 AM

elalt1 wrote:

When attempting to access my Cox email account or when trying to create a new account the error message “No password provided for Cox”.

Password was provided in repeated attempts to create a new account and the same error message occurs. IOS 15.6 is being used on my iPhone. During the process for creating a new account space is provided for the password; however, during the verification period there is no space for the password, it’s deleted. Is there a fix for this problem?

Cox may require an app specific password to use their account, suggest you contact them or look at their support site.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 9:12 AM in response to elalt1

elalt1 wrote:

Cox may require an app specific password to use their account, suggest you contact them or look at their support site.

Unable to access or create a Cox mail account, IOS 15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.