Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 car adapter doesn’t work with carplay

I have a new iPhone 13 with the USB C car charger. Since it is in my cigarette lighter the Apple CarPlay doesn’t work? How do I use CarPlay in my car?

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:40 PM

If your vehicle supports CarPlay, then there has to be a way to connect your iPhone to it. I suggest you consult the owner’s manual or your local dealer. Unless it has a third-party (not built-in) screen. Then you’ll need to contact the manufacturer of that screen.

Or, maybe your vehicle has a different type of built-in USB port. Older USB ports are bigger and rectangular. Those are much more common. USB-C ports are smaller and rounded on the ends. In either case, you just need to get the right type of cable to connect it to your iPhone. My F-350 has both, and I bought a USB-C to Lightning cable to use my iPhone XS for CarPlay and keep the other port available for other devices.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 7:40 PM in response to OkmilkSally

If your vehicle supports CarPlay, then there has to be a way to connect your iPhone to it. I suggest you consult the owner’s manual or your local dealer. Unless it has a third-party (not built-in) screen. Then you’ll need to contact the manufacturer of that screen.

Or, maybe your vehicle has a different type of built-in USB port. Older USB ports are bigger and rectangular. Those are much more common. USB-C ports are smaller and rounded on the ends. In either case, you just need to get the right type of cable to connect it to your iPhone. My F-350 has both, and I bought a USB-C to Lightning cable to use my iPhone XS for CarPlay and keep the other port available for other devices.

iPhone 13 car adapter doesn’t work with carplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.