Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iCloud email alias as apple ID

Is there any way to turn the iCloud email alias into a proper email address that can be used for Apple ID?

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 10:57 AM

If it is the original iCloud email address, you can use it for an Apple ID.

Based on what I have read, I suggest you leave your Apple ID email address as a 3rd party email address because you have more flexibility if you need to change the email address. For example, if the Apple ID got compromised, you can change it to another address. I also have read of many people who were locked out of their accounts when they forgot their password. Since the recovery email address is the @iCloud email address, if you forget your password, you also can't access your email to get emails from Apple to recover your account. You can set a rescue email address, but for some people, this hasn't worked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 10:57 AM in response to kostazs

If it is the original iCloud email address, you can use it for an Apple ID.

Based on what I have read, I suggest you leave your Apple ID email address as a 3rd party email address because you have more flexibility if you need to change the email address. For example, if the Apple ID got compromised, you can change it to another address. I also have read of many people who were locked out of their accounts when they forgot their password. Since the recovery email address is the @iCloud email address, if you forget your password, you also can't access your email to get emails from Apple to recover your account. You can set a rescue email address, but for some people, this hasn't worked.

Use iCloud email alias as apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.