Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

STARZPLAY [SP] Within Appletv+ [ATV] Sub

after a gap from using initial free week’s trial of both ATV AND SPI via Apple Store/iTunes I decided to trial paid one month subs of both. However, when I the dld the SP app and said to use via purchase it kept giving an error message. Then, I then tried to login but it just offered the free week’s trial again … no where did appletv+ app intro the face that it now gives access to SP. Which seems to leave me having an unnecessary moth’s sub … obviously I’ve cancelled SP’s auto renewal… but will that mean that my access to SP via ATV fail?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 9:28 AM

Apple TV Plus is Apple's service for their original programming. Separate from this is the other Apple TV channels, like StarzPlay, that have are also hosted within the Apple TV app. If you subscribe to those channels then they will only be available within that app. If you want access to the Starzplay app, for instance, you would need to subscribe directly through their app/website.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 9:28 AM in response to Bacchae01

Apple TV Plus is Apple's service for their original programming. Separate from this is the other Apple TV channels, like StarzPlay, that have are also hosted within the Apple TV app. If you subscribe to those channels then they will only be available within that app. If you want access to the Starzplay app, for instance, you would need to subscribe directly through their app/website.

STARZPLAY [SP] Within Appletv+ [ATV] Sub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.