Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect Apple TV

how do i enter my wifi password on my apple TV (2nd generation)?

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 6:26 AM

Open Settings->General->Network. It should list available Wi-Fi networks.

The second generation Apple TV will not see 5Ghz networks or be able to connect to them, and will be limited to 2.4Ghz a/b/g/n type networks.

If there is no Wi-Fi list, make sure it does not have an ethernet cable connected to the port. The Ethernet connection overrides Wi-Fi.

Once you select a Network, it should request the password for it and offer a place to enter it with a keyboard you can navigate with the remote.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 6:26 AM in response to SleepyS05

Open Settings->General->Network. It should list available Wi-Fi networks.

The second generation Apple TV will not see 5Ghz networks or be able to connect to them, and will be limited to 2.4Ghz a/b/g/n type networks.

If there is no Wi-Fi list, make sure it does not have an ethernet cable connected to the port. The Ethernet connection overrides Wi-Fi.

Once you select a Network, it should request the password for it and offer a place to enter it with a keyboard you can navigate with the remote.

Can't connect Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.