Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manually turn on & lock in macro mode on an iPhone 13 Pro?

Is there really no way to manually turn on & lock in macro mode on an iPhone 13 Pro?

I have everything fully updated & have the camera set with "Macro Control" on (also Settings>>Camera>Preserve Settings with "Macro Control" on).

This generally works reasonably well, EXCEPT when I'm trying to focus on a very small subject, say <0.25" inch in diameter. Then my experience (consistently) is that the camera fails to switch into the macro mode, no matter how close I get & no matter how I position the iPhone lenses relative to the subject.

I've done tricks to get the camera to switch into macro mode:

-- using a larger leaf behind a tiny subject

-- selecting 0.5x & zooming in

But I shouldn't need to use those tricks.... I can't figure out why I can't just select macro mode, just like I can select 0.5x, 1x, or 3x.

Am I missing something?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 11:55 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 5, 2022 12:11 PM in response to Mrokircredsz

Well, being new to the forum, I missed identifying my topic correctly in the subject line.

But (as the first line of my post says), I am talking about an iPhone 13 Pro. It definitely has a macro lens & macro mode does turn on correctly when I get close enough to a larger object.

I'd edit my post to add in the subject of my inquiry, but I don't see a way to do that,

Aug 5, 2022 12:14 PM in response to Greensphere

Hi there, Greensphere. Yes, you can lock a camera mode. Open Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings, then set Camera Mode to On. You can also turn on Creative Controls to preserve the last used filter, etc. There are other settings you can preserve on that page. Just be sure to tap Back when finished to set your choices. I am fairly new to this camera and really love all the power it puts in my hands!

How to manually turn on & lock in macro mode on an iPhone 13 Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.