Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook reboot gone extremely wrong

I wanted to clean EVERYTHING on my Mac to make it a bit faster, but in recovery mode I accidentally erased all the group of Macintosh HD, instead of just the Macintosh HD disk. Later my laptop "rebooted", meaning it went black and then it started again, only to read a few seconds later on the page that I was following the process that I had to reinstall again Monterrey in that same page.

When I went to try and reinstall it, a globe appeared, when in reality I was trying to get to the same page as before using CMD + R, It said "Internet recovery" and I kept it going to see if it was able to recover anything, but it ended up on a screen with an Error "-1008F".

Everything I tried (CMD+R, CMD + OPT + CTRL + R, OPT + power button, CRTL + OPT + R + P, etc.) leads to the folder with the question mark or the failed internet recovery.

Can I do anything to make my Macbook start again? I don't have a time machine backup –as I wanted to erase everything– and my Mac does not recognize an external hard drive (I connected it to the usb-c port on the top-right of my Mac).

If it helps, my Mac is a MacBook Pro of 2018 and 8GB of RAM running (or at least it was :'(...) with the latest version of OS Monterrey.

Thank you so much <3

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 2:51 PM

Hey so I actually consulted someone from technical support and asked what that error -1008F was, turns out it was because I didn't have any disk set as the starter disk.

The solution to this is to hold CMD + OPT + R until the apple logo shows up and connect your device to your wifi, it'll still show the internet recovery, but it's the only solution to be able to get to the recovery mode. After that I just had to install again the OS and I had a new MacBook haha.

I just had to figure out what the error was and then it was easy, but until I asked I couldn't fins it anywere. I'm just going to post this comment so if someone has the same problem as me can find the solution to it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 2:51 PM in response to martaushe

Hey so I actually consulted someone from technical support and asked what that error -1008F was, turns out it was because I didn't have any disk set as the starter disk.

The solution to this is to hold CMD + OPT + R until the apple logo shows up and connect your device to your wifi, it'll still show the internet recovery, but it's the only solution to be able to get to the recovery mode. After that I just had to install again the OS and I had a new MacBook haha.

I just had to figure out what the error was and then it was easy, but until I asked I couldn't fins it anywere. I'm just going to post this comment so if someone has the same problem as me can find the solution to it.

Macbook reboot gone extremely wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.