Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use Face ID on my iPhone?

open face detect

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 3:22 PM

If you receive an alert that FaceID is disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

It can occur that you will receive the following message on your iPhone or iPad Pro : " A problem was detected with the true depth camera, FaceID is disabled"

When you're getting this error message, Make sure that you're iPhone or iPad Pro is running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. If your device is running the latest iOS or iPadOS and you're still getting this message and FaceID is not working:  contact Apple Support to get your device serviced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 3:22 PM in response to jonel19

If you receive an alert that FaceID is disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro

It can occur that you will receive the following message on your iPhone or iPad Pro : " A problem was detected with the true depth camera, FaceID is disabled"

When you're getting this error message, Make sure that you're iPhone or iPad Pro is running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. If your device is running the latest iOS or iPadOS and you're still getting this message and FaceID is not working:  contact Apple Support to get your device serviced.

How can I use Face ID on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.